Sunday, August 5, 2012

Setting A Goal To Stay Motivated

I find I tend to get lazy, not write as much as I would like or am capable of. I finally figured out a way to cure this. I made a goal and am going to reward my self with a wonderful treat if I am amble to meet the goal. Most people are aware of NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) where participants write a novel in a month (50k words). Well I feel like this could be too easy and I really wanted to challenge myself.

Enter NaNoWriMo X13. I'm attempting to not only do 13 months in a row (Aug 1, 2012-Aug 312013) of NaNoWriMo, but I'm stipulating that every one of the 650k words not only has to be written by the end date, but also published. It's a ridiculously crazy goal. I feel like I'm out of my mind considering I'm entering my last year of college and time will be tight. I'm going to keep my progress updated via Twitter as each book hits the digital realm, so feel free to follow along. @EnzoGaudio

Here goes nothing. The first ~22k words are in the process of final edits and will be up shortly...only 628k to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment